Author Topic: Serious issues with entire front suspension.  (Read 228 times)

Offline Monster762

• Monster762
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Helper
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Serious issues with entire front suspension.
« on: May 06, 2017, 09:26 AM »
I have 06 impala as  front has timken hubs, new cv shafts, moog  control arms (complete units with ball joints) Kyb  struts  power stop z23 brake kits with drilled slotted rotors and carbon ceramic pads rims factory but new. Cause we're bent   Trans is reman not rebuild with upgrades. Less than 20000 miles on it. All turns feel as if tires flat yet 36 lbs steady. Tires are general max which sidewalls are not like the zeros pirellis. It creaks as if subframe shifts she I accelerate from stop. Trac  light flickers on bumps just little yellow no messages. Did pull right front code when it tripped service brake assist. Been through it 5 times. Sensor is good wiring all good hub has zero play in it. Also feels as if cv turns but wheel doesn't. I'm about to ghost ride this in a lake and eat the $20000 I have in it. Also had all computers checked by gm. Does have slight diablo tune.  just 93 no dod easy tune. I have not done anything with steering rack or knuckles would it be another waste of money and sweat ?  I turns easy. Too easy maybe. It cuts em sharp. But can feel something give in turns too. Something is not putting up with it can't figure what it is. Driving me crazy. I don't abuse car either. Just a little bit sometimes. Only wot one time and at 140 highway turns aren't as swooping. I let off at 140.
06 impala ss  factory bose rear deck jbl doors with sundown audio sub,3cubic ft band pass alpine amp, 20% tint , a lot of suspension redone with Moog,kyb struts ,drilled slotted rotors,carbon pads,black headlights,rebuilt trans, backyard intake w/K&N filter,3 in exhaust all the way back. Dod delete(software not hardware). P zero tires factory rims

Offline Monster762

• Monster762
  • Helper
  • Thank You
Re: Serious issues with entire front suspension.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 09:29 AM »
Oh and all gets worse with stereo on. Like it sucks the life from car. All electrical been chased down too. New cables everywhere.
06 impala ss  factory bose rear deck jbl doors with sundown audio sub,3cubic ft band pass alpine amp, 20% tint , a lot of suspension redone with Moog,kyb struts ,drilled slotted rotors,carbon pads,black headlights,rebuilt trans, backyard intake w/K&N filter,3 in exhaust all the way back. Dod delete(software not hardware). P zero tires factory rims

Offline LeadfootCJ7

• Helper
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 12:46 PM »
Thats very strange.  Almost sounds like something with the power steering.  Also, have you verified everything is torqued properly and not too tight?

Lastly, It sounds strange, but I would be curious how the CV's measure compared to stock.  I replaced a CV on another FWD car I own and it started doing strange things.  Turned out the new CV was just a big longer than the other.  At typical ride height it was compressed and wreaking havoc.  I took my stock CV down to a shop and had it rebuilt.  Once I put it back in, everything was good again.  Aggravated me when I called and the aftermarket company told me its standard practice because they assume other parts on older cars are worn and the slightly longer shaft helps compensate.  However, those of us with cars that are maintained are hosed. 

Offline Monster762

• Monster762
  • Helper
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 07:30 AM »
Thanks for reply. Still not 100% sure but I know rear emergency brake on driver side was hanging up. Not sure why I just disconnected it all together. No parking brakes now. But car seems to be better. Also I put pirellis on front and got rid of the trash general max tires. They flop everywhere. Now all feels good and no trac light on bumps or corners. Could have been that brake hanging. Didn't make noise. Not til recently which is why I tore tears off. It started screeching down road. I have new e brakes but don't think I am going to install them. I never use it anyway.  Another thing is the gmax were on front wheels. They were way soft. And all the time would drop and hold at 28 psi. But on turns literally felt like tire was coming off rim. Idk as of now it's good. Immediately after fixing my dog one bushing shot again. At least 8 th time replacing in 3 yrs. poly breaks just as fast too just tears them. Know of any other options for bushings or a solid insert?  Not worried about shake at idle. Long as it's not enough to damage other mounts. They are a pain to replace on street corner. Did it once hope not to again.

Offline Monster762

• Monster762
  • Helper
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: Jul 29, 2017, 05:19 PM »
I think I found culprit. Today I crossed through a light and there was a dip in road on other side. Well car made noise like running over a cinder block. I tore front apart in the rain n found that my cv shafts do have lot of play. Up n down side to side. Drivers side is a lot worse. So I guess I'll be replacing both. Ac delving is over $200 per shaft. And don't even say new. The option below that is cardone. Rebuilt or new made by cardone. Which is better?  Or Is it actually worth almost 4x the price for ac delcos? Any opinions.

Offline LeadfootCJ7

• Helper
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2017, 10:35 AM »
Thats tough to say.  I prefer AC Delco for sure, but with the price difference thats hard to swallow.  Had you thought of finding a local CV Joint repair place to see if they can rebuild yours or check them to see what is going on?