Author Topic: 2006 Impala SS - Project Car?  (Read 133 times)

Offline Jared Atkins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Floor Sweeper
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
2006 Impala SS - Project Car?
« on: May 05, 2017, 10:17 AM »
Never posted before I don't think. Used to be on the LS1Tech forum a few years back when I was having the typical trans issues.

Long story short is that my beloved Impaler is no longer worth the price to fix it. My radiator cracked the other day which will need to be replaced along with the thermostat and a flush. Will also require a new battery and alternator in the near future. Tires have some life left, maybe a few more months before needing to be changed (BFG G-Force Comp II's). Total repairs are more than I am willing to put back into it at this point. I think it's time to move on once and for all.

I wanted to reach out on here and see if any of you fine folks would want to take a stab at it. The car is overall in pretty good condition. ~180K miles, engine has ~120K on it after being replaced under warranty in 2008 or 2009, transmission is a factory refurbished unit with roughly 50K on it. Everything is pretty much stock except a K&N CAI and a res delete.

This seriously pains me because I love the car and do not want to scrap it unless it gets to that point. If any of you have any suggestions on how to maybe sell the car (not running, obviously), or are interested in using it as a project car or for parts, PLEASE let me know! Feel free to ask me any questions about the car, I am more than glad to answer. I live in the Arlington, VA / Washington DC area. I'm willing to cut anyone a serious deal on it if they can take it off of my hands.

Thanks for any input!

Offline LeadfootCJ7

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Helper
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: 2006 Impala SS - Project Car?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 12:49 PM »
Where are you located?  Any pics?