Author Topic: TBS does work and well  (Read 349 times)

Offline 2oodoor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Helper
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
TBS does work and well
« on: Sep 21, 2016, 06:40 PM »
I kinda wonder why all the tbs flame on this board because I installed a JET tbs for a 4.2 canyon tblzer on my LS4 today and it made a very noticable difference. I dont think it helped WOT but it did improve driveability leaps and bounds. Also showing better mpg on instant DIC.
I cleaned the Throttle body as well, it was the gunkiest one Ive ever cleaned, that alone probably helped my tran issues, several symptoms i was having disappeared, mostly associated with tps signals i assume..while decelerating coming to a stop. I highly recommend a good tb cleaning for those having squirrelly trans braking and downshifts, tcc behavior while braking to a stop. The spacer seems to make the 65mph surging and indecision of the tcm what gear to be in, probably just moved it to another load/rpm>mph
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2016, 06:44 PM by 2oodoor »

Offline 2oodoor

• Helper
  • Thank You
Re: TBS does work and well
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2016, 04:17 AM »
Well damit, two days of running so great on the commute to suddenly transmissin shitthe bed

Offline BoiseGXP

• Helper
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2016, 09:47 AM »
total shit the bed or still drivable?

Offline 2oodoor

• Helper
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 2016, 03:52 PM »
Bucks, jams, slips but moves somewhat if I dont use drive. It drove fantastic that morning, it no longer did the rattling sound right coming to a start. Shifted great, dod was smooth but kinda early I thot. Idled 100-200 rpm more than before so downshift braking was what I figured was better, I think it still was learning new idle.
Leaving work though it immediatley started acting up, coming to a stop there was a shakey vibration like a really bad wheel bearing or center support bearing in a rwd, then it rattled a little louder as i came to a stop.
From there it started going in dod very early and the tach kept diving but mph steady, a bit more pronounced than the usual hunting it does at 60 between dod, lock up or no.
It barely made it up the driveway at home, slipping in L1.

The rattling sound was like as if the chain was slapping the case somehow from backlash but thats just describing the sound, not saying that was the issue.

Offline 2oodoor

• Helper
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2016, 12:08 PM »
Well update: i changed Fluid n filter and install d the accumulator portion of the transgo shift kit as well as connected my imperial 11+11 cooler. The car is again driveable but injured lol. TBS works great too after disconnecting battery a while :).
I ran into an old aquaintence that does transmissions, we had a fine discussion catching up on things and he's going ng to do me right on a rebuild!

Offline BoiseGXP

• Helper
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2016, 04:50 PM »
How long till the rebuild?  If its over a month  change the fluid and filter again. dex 6 is cheap at walmart.
Glad its still drivable.