Author Topic: Help low oil pressure need input  (Read 460 times)

Offline Monster762

• Monster762
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Helper
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Help low oil pressure need input
« on: Mar 25, 2016, 01:56 PM »
I have 06 impala ss with 145000 on it. I did replace sensor. It was about a week ago now warning came back on today. It goes away in seconds2-3. I change oil regularly under 3000 miles each use mobil one and wix xp filters. I am going to buy and install a manual guage since these cars dont have one. I do have what seems to be a lifter tick but only on really cold startup but ticks til its fully warmed up. Sounds like right side right near the pressure sensor. Do oil pumps go bad on the ls4? Idk i just put new trans in car and rebuilt all suspension and all. Any input or help appreciated. Im hoping i dont have to tear this engine apart. 
06 impala ss  factory bose rear deck jbl doors with sundown audio sub,3cubic ft band pass alpine amp, 20% tint , a lot of suspension redone with Moog,kyb struts ,drilled slotted rotors,carbon pads,black headlights,rebuilt trans, backyard intake w/K&N filter,3 in exhaust all the way back. Dod delete(software not hardware). P zero tires factory rims

Offline wesfree

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Helper
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Help low oil pressure need input
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2016, 08:05 PM »
I have 06 impala ss with 145000 on it. I did replace sensor. It was about a week ago now warning came back on today. It goes away in seconds2-3. I change oil regularly under 3000 miles each use mobil one and wix xp filters. I am going to buy and install a manual guage since these cars dont have one. I do have what seems to be a lifter tick but only on really cold startup but ticks til its fully warmed up. Sounds like right side right near the pressure sensor. Do oil pumps go bad on the ls4? Idk i just put new trans in car and rebuilt all suspension and all. Any input or help appreciated. Im hoping i dont have to tear this engine apart.
My car does the same thing. Low oil pressure and ticks like it has a few collapsed lifters, as soon as it warms up its fine. I used my Diablo tuner to raise the idle up 200 rpm and it doesn't show low oil pressure anymore but still ticks until it's warm. I have the obd2 torque app on my phone and it will read my oil pressure and I only had maybe 5lbs on a cold start at stock 600rpm idle. Now with the raised idle I have 15 to 20lbs. I've done a lot of research on this subject and I'm pretty sure that it is the o-ring on the oil pump pic up and it's sucking air when the oil is cold and thick. I plan on dropping the cradle and pan and putting a new o-ring on to see if that fixes it. It seems to be the most common oil pressure problem that there is.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk