Author Topic: DOD disable device  (Read 668 times)

Offline paddymccalla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Floor Sweeper
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
DOD disable device
« on: Jun 08, 2015, 12:40 AM »
Ok,I got this little device thing called a Range Technology AFM Disable device. It is a small (1/2 size of cigarette pack) box that plugs into odb2 port and what it does is send a false signal to ecm so that DOD is disabled and no shit,it actually runs smoother. It leaves no trace when you unplug it and even though it draws power,you are able to leave it plugged in all the time. My question is has anyone ever heard of these things and if so what signal is it sending ecm?

Offline chevyboy687

• Floor Sweeper
  • Thank You
DOD disable device
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2015, 04:55 AM »
I've seen several people run these on the silveradosierra forum and the people that had them really liked them. However I don't know if it would work on the GXP/SS platform.

bigdman84

Re: DOD disable device
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2015, 05:11 AM »
For 200 dollars I don't no how good does it work I also want to disable dod how does this device work u plug it in the ob 2 port and it automatically disables dod? And when u r not driving u take it out or leave it in that can be the part that gets annoying I rather have it tune out then have to take it out every time I'm not driving any thoughts

Offline paddymccalla

• Floor Sweeper
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2015, 07:51 PM »
No man,you can leave it plugged in all the time.it stops drawing power when it gets no signal for a certain amount of time.I have a 2008 Buick Lacrosse Super and I get 14 mpg avg. so i know DOD is never activated.All you have to do is unplug it and everything returns to stock configuration instantly.I've even taken it out and put it in while driving,its almost like having a switch to turn afm on at our discretion   the way i think it should have been offered like from GM.

bigdman84

« Reply #4 on: Jun 09, 2015, 07:25 PM »
If u have it then it works then. Will it get rid of that annoying click noise that the 4cyl mode makes after 25 mph if so I need that it's annoying while cruising u hear it all loud I put it in 3rd no nose I don't want to keep driving it in 3rd

Offline REDZONE

• Apprentice
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2015, 08:17 PM »
I really dont know what everyone else is hearing or feeling with regards to DOD.

i've never had issues ever leading to to even remotely think DOD should be deleted.

I hit cruise control, take my shoes off, turn on the radio... life's good... and half the time I'm driving the car like a boss anyway so DOD is deactivated then anyway.

I dunno
2008 GXP WA503Q - 69MM Intercooled Turbo | Water/Methanol Injection | DOD delete w/ LS9 (ZR1) CAM (Install Courtesy of Champion Motors) | Cartuning Built Trans + Turbo Install | Cartuning Live Tune(Professional Service courtesy of Kevin@cartuning) | 275/40 Pilot Super Sport Front and 235/45 Ventus V12 Rear | CMS 2.5"/1.7" Lowered | Don Rome Strut Braces | New FR/RR Bilstein HD w/ Pogo | ALL Moog Problem Solver links, bushings, joints w/Zerk Fit Parts | 34mm Front Sway Bar | Hayden Trans Cooler | Shorter Poly Dogbone | Penzoil Platinum Ultra | Torque Pro Gauges | Best Dyno = 672 HP on 94 Pump Octane

Offline tomtom123

• Floor Sweeper
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #6 on: Jun 15, 2015, 03:28 PM »
I really dont know what everyone else is hearing or feeling with regards to DOD.

i've never had issues ever leading to to even remotely think DOD should be deleted.

I hit cruise control, take my shoes off, turn on the radio... life's good... and half the time I'm driving the car like a boss anyway so DOD is deactivated then anyway.

I dunno
I had my DOD tuned out on my 07 GXP. I was burning a quart and a half of oil every 2k miles and was getting a tune for my car anyways so I decided to just tune out my DOD and now, after like 3k miles, I burn no oil so I am happy with that. Next I need to research some mods like LS2 intake/ LS6 cam, rockers, lifters and such ;P