Author Topic: car won't start  (Read 411 times)

bigdman84

• Trade Count: (0)
car won't start
« on: Jun 07, 2015, 12:42 AM »
Early today I moved my car and later on I go to start it it makes this rrrrr noise like it wants to start  but wouldn't turn over. Then as I try turning it on I notice it reset my radio and my cluster and radio lights are very dim  I have interior lights but they look a lil dim. So my guess could it be my alternator which is original my battery which is two years old or the starter itself just a few days ago I had this issue but was able to get started had to mess with the negative battery wire which I also check this time again. I will try to see if I get a jump if it all start

Offline Mike The Canadian

• Floor Sweeper
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: car won't start
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2015, 06:06 AM »
Odd.. are your grounds heavily corroded by chance? I've had some of my GM vehicles do some weird things with corroded grounds and then be fine the next day...

bigdman84

« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2015, 11:18 AM »
My battery terminals are fine fun thing in the morning it hesitate all to turn over but it did then later on that night it didn't turn over all lights work so I no the alternator is working everything gets dim as I try turning the key didn't get a chance to get a jump start yet

bigdman84

« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2015, 05:51 PM »
Ok try to jump start my car no luck there was no sparks when I connect the negative and positive .took off the battery took it to autozone had them check out the battery 34 percent got a new one put it in started right up
That's my fix thanks

Offline Monster762

• Monster762
  • Helper
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2016, 02:50 PM »
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2016, 02:52 PM by Monster762 »
06 impala ss  factory bose rear deck jbl doors with sundown audio sub,3cubic ft band pass alpine amp, 20% tint , a lot of suspension redone with Moog,kyb struts ,drilled slotted rotors,carbon pads,black headlights,rebuilt trans, backyard intake w/K&N filter,3 in exhaust all the way back. Dod delete(software not hardware). P zero tires factory rims