Author Topic: Feedback with McMaster-Carr (Mcmaster.com)  (Read 657 times)

Offline X Move (Tricky)

• Tuning Enthusiast/Cartoonist
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
  • SCCA Solo #71 SMF
Feedback with McMaster-Carr (Mcmaster.com)
« on: Jun 18, 2014, 04:24 PM »
I ordered spacers for my do-it-yourself 4T65E trans shift kit from this site. Prices for virtually any threads and spacers are good. Shipping was free. I ordered it before 5pm and had it pretty much the next day. They have a couple warehouses throughout the country, so decent coverage. There is one within 200 miles from my place.

No PayPal which put me on guard, but the order transaction went through with minimal headache. On top of it all, they were good in text notifying me when the order was delivered. Simply outstanding! Based on my experience this is a good company. I defintely recommend them!
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2014, 09:41 PM by X Move (Tricky) »
If you constantly bash FF platforms, but belong to a FF forum, you are an #$$####.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 Chevy Impala LS4--W-Body Autox Development (PROJECT K)
Hayden aux cooler, Bilsteins, Yokohamas, chassis reinforcement, weight reduction, personal InTune, GP seats, Alpine/Kenwood audio. More mods in the works

Offline My325

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • Helper
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Feedback with McMaster-Carr (Mcmaster.com)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2014, 01:12 PM »
I've bought hardware, among other things, from McMaster Carr for years.  They sell to the public as long as you already know what you need.  Pricing is not the cheapest but not that expensive either.  They stock most everything in a near-local warehouse.
The joke at the shop used to be "The only thing you can't order from McMaster Carr is their printed catalog"...  that no longer matters with a good internet connection.

From orbit on my Android.

Offline RON07GXP

• Apprentice
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 18
Re: Feedback with McMaster-Carr (Mcmaster.com)
« Reply #2 on: Jul 01, 2014, 02:05 PM »
We order a lot of our tooling for our machine shop from McMaster Carr. They are a very reputable company.
2007 Grand Prix GXP / 2008 Impala SS